- Applicable Privacy Legislation
- Applicable Privacy Legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the relevant national implementation acts
- The Contract between a Customer and any amana group company concerning products or services.
- Personal Data
- Any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction
- amana group Websites
- Any website operated by an amana group company listed on the website of amana inc.(https://amana.jp/)
- amana group
- amana inc. (2-2-43, Higashishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan) and its subsidiaries（https://amana.jp/company/groupcompanies/)
- (2)amana group Websites may include references of third parties (for example hyperlinks, banners or buttons). The amana group does not control these references and is not responsible for compliance with the Applicable Privacy Legislation by these third parties. We recommend you to carefully read the privacy policies of the third-party websites you are visiting.
3.PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- (1)The amana group may collect the following Personal Data either directly from you or through another amana group company or contractor entrusted with operations such as payment or the acceptance of applications:
- a)name and country, address details;
- b)e-mail address;
- c)username and password;
- d)company name or name of organization to which you belong;
- e)telephone number;
- f)date of birth;
- h)payment details such as credit card information;
- i)IP address.
- (2)The amana group does not collect sensitive Personal Data such as health data via amana group Websites (unless provided for in the Applicable Privacy Legislation).
- (3)The amana group collects Personal Data when you:
- a)register on amana group Websites;
- b)subscribe to a newsletter, etc.;
- c)place an order or request product delivery through amana group Websites; or
- d)otherwise use amana group Websites.
4.PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
- (1)The amana group collects and processes your Personal Data (3. (1) a ~ i) solely for the purposes specified below:
- a)Performance of a Contract: If you decide to place an order via amana group Websites, your Personal Data may be processed by the amana group to the extent necessary for the performance of a Contract.
- b)Communication: Your Personal Data may be used to communicate with you about the amana group’s products and services and to inform you of matters that are important for your account and/or use of amana group Websites and the handling of any complaints. If you create an account on amana group Websites, the amana group will keep the Personal Data so that you do not have to enter it every time. This Processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a Contract and/or for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by the amana group, namely to conducts its normal business.
- c)Marketing purposes: To approach you via e-mail for marketing purposes, the amana group always requests your prior consent, unless it concerns offers about similar products that you have ordered. You always have the right and option to unsubscribe from mailings. This Processing of Personal Data is necessary for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by the amana group, namely to keep in touch with you and to offer you similar products and services or is based on prior consent.
- d)Customer service: If you use customer service, the amana group will use your Personal Data to provide you with customer service. This Processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a Contract and/or for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by the amana group, namely to conduct its normal business.
- (2)If we intend to further process the Personal Data for a purpose other than that for which the Personal Data were collected, we will provide you with information about that other purpose and all relevant further information before that further Processing.
- (3)The amana group does not make decisions based solely on automated data processing that will have a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
- (4)If the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, the amana group will notify you separately of whether you are obliged to provide the Personal Data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such data.
5.TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
- (1)The amana group takes appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data and to prevent misuse, loss or alteration thereof. In addition, we limit access to Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to have access. Also the aforementioned persons involved are bound by a confidentiality obligation, either in their employment agreements or data processing contracts.
- (2)The amana group has an information security basic policy in place. In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify the relevant supervisory authority and the data subjects involved if required under Applicable Privacy Legislation.
- (1)The amana group does not store your Personal Data any longer than strictly necessary for the purposes for which we collect and process the Personal Data. Actual retention periods are determined based on consideration of the purposes for which Personal Data is collected and processed, the nature of the Personal Data, and legal or business requirements for the retention of Personal Data.
- (2)You may request the amana group to delete your Personal Data at any stage.
- (2)Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser on your computer. The amana group uses different types of cookies for different purposes.
- a)Functional cookies: Cookies that are necessary for amana group Websites to function properly, including cookies that are necessary to create an account;
- b)Analytical cookies: Cookies that ensure that insight can be gained into how you use (parts of) amana group Websites, so that the amana group can improve amana group Websites and that they fit as well as possible with what you find interesting and important. The amana group uses the data obtained with these cookies only to study the use of amana group Websites.
- (3)The amana group only uses third party cookies to improve the quality and effectiveness of amana group Websites. For example, it uses Google Analytics, which is set up in a privacy-friendly manner. Google Analytics processes the IP addresses for the amana group.
- (4)Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can set the browser to disable cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it is possible that some functions and services of both the amana group and other websites do not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- (1)You have the right to withdraw the consent given in relation to your Personal Data at any time. Provided, however, that the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of Processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- (2)You have the right to request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data the amana group holds about you.
- (3)You have the right to request rectification of the Personal Data that the amana group holds about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- (4)You have the right to request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask the amana group to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- (5)You have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data where the amana group is relying on a legitimate interest. Insofar as the Processing of your Personal Data takes place for direct marketing purposes, the amana group will always honor your request. For Processing for other purposes, we will also cease and desist Processing, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the Processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that are related to the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
- (6)You have the right to request restriction of Processing of your Personal Data under certain conditions.
- (7)You have the right to request to transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party (right to data portability). The amana group will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for the amana group to use or where the amana group used the information to perform a Contract with you.
- (8)The exercise of the abovementioned rights is free of charge. The amana group will provide you with information about the follow-up to the request immediately and in any case within one month of receipt of the request. Depending on the complexity of the request and on the number of requests, this period can be extended by another two months. We will notify you of such an extension within one month of receipt of the request.
- (9)If your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of the repetitive character, the amana group will either charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with the request.
- (10)In addition to the above-mentioned rights you have the right to lodge a complaint about the amana group’s Processing of your Personal Data with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR at all times. However, the amana group would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us beforehand.
- Information Security Committee, amana inc.
- Higashishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan 140-0002
- Email address:
- (1)The amana group is entitled at all times to delete your account without notice. In such a case, the amana group owes no compensation to you as a result of the termination of the account.